Posted by Ryan on February 21, 2011
Itâ€™s not hard to recognize that 3-D is becoming a major force in video content, just look at all of the movies being released in 3-D regardless of whether itâ€™s necessary or not. Plus all of the TV manufactures are all rushing to put out 3-D capable TV sets. So itâ€™s not a stretch to imagine 3-D being the preeminent format for home video and video games, but Nintendo is taking it a step further as they introduced their new 3DS, 3-D portable video game system that doesnâ€™t require 3-D glasses.
Our C.E.O. Calvin Chang was visiting Japan when he noticed this large kiosk at the Tokyo JR Station (one of the main train stations in Tokyo). Being thoroughly impressed by the technology and strong 3-D graphics, Mr. Chang thought how the 3-D craze will ultimately be a boost for the duplication market. The things that crossed his mind were, the amount of capacity needed for feature length 3-D content is much too large for anything other than Blu-ray optical discs at this time. The playability between duplicated and replicated Blu-ray discs and is identical, so there is no drop off for duplication. The drop in pricing for Blu-ray related products, such as the writer drives, players, recordable media, etc. all are encouraging signs as we look toward the influx of purchases for this format.
We are encouraged by this major push toward multi-platform 3-D and we think it can only benefit the consumer and the reproduction industry.
Posted by Marcel on February 21, 2011
Vinpower Digitalâ€™s Cronus series publishing solutions have been well received on the market but thereâ€™s still a segment of the customer base that prefers the natural water & scratch resistance as well as vibrant glossy appearance of thermal print quality. Â Thatâ€™s why we are proud to announce in a cooperative effort with TEAC, the Cronus series is now available with the TEAC P-55 color thermal printer.Â The TEAC P-55 thermal printer is the world’s only dye-sublimation thermal disc printer providing the world’s highest image quality and fastest print speeds in its product class. It is also the only full-color CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black) thermal printer with “True Black”. Â Â Â The Cronus series are available with 2 or 4 drives as CD/DVD only or with Blu-ray capability and comes with many advanced applications such as:
- Networking support (Client/Server)
- True Speed Asynchronous duplication for a faster run rate.
- Â Job Queue: Supports the ability to queue multiple jobs for unattended operation.
- Â Email notification when jobs are complete or the reporting of an error condition.
- Â Powerful Label Design software
- Â Quick Text Printing (Text Overlapping)
- Â Serial # / Barcode Printing support
- Â Job Report Generating
- Â Multiple Job Queue Management Support
- Â Web Based Administration
- Â Adjustable Layouts for customized viewing
- Â Multi-master read-in support: Users can read-in a stack of masters and create CDI orÂ Â Â Â Â ISO images.
- Hardware can be integrated within existing customer base software for greater implementation within the environment.
- PLUS SO MUCH MORE!